Tasty Tuesday: Strawberry Peach Vodka Pops
I went to a sorority party at USC a few months ago and to my surprise instead of wine coolers or poorly mixed margaritas, all the girls were eating this amazing sweet treat which combines three favorite summer faves: Strawberries, peaches and vodka! LOL! Follow the jump to check it out…
Strawberry Peach Vodka Popsicles
Makes 12 2.5 oz Popsicles
6 oz pureed strawberry (about 10 strawberries)
2 oz peach syrup (recipe is below)
12 oz tonic water
2 oz plus 3 oz vodka (divided use) (**These popsicles are tasty without vodka too. So you can exclude it if you don’t drink.)
1. Stir strawberry puree with 2 oz. of vodka. Place three teaspoons of strawberry mixture in the bottom of popsicle form; set aside. (In the picture are cordial glasses, but any form will work.)
2. Stir peach syrup with tonic water stir to combine. Add vodka and stir to combine.
3. Pour peach and vodka mixture over strawberry mixture and stir to combine.
4. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
(You will have more syrup than you need. Save for other cocktail uses)
½ cup sliced peaches (about 4 medium size peaches)
1 cup water
1 cups sugar
1. Wash, peel, and pit peaches. Place peaches in a blender or food processor and process until peaches are pureed.
2. Place water, sugar and peach puree in a pot and bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.